With the craziness of our 2015 wedding season winding down, we are finally getting a chance to come up for some air and reflect on the incredible year. This season we assembled and delivered hundreds of welcome bags and boxes to wedding guests across Colorado. Though these are partially responsible for us being in dire need of a vacation, we sure do love helping our clients create unique and fun welcome bags. We believe they are such a wonderful way to welcome your guests and to say thank you for coming. In honor of it being #WeddingTipWednesday, here are 5 tips for creating welcome bags/boxes that your guests will love:
Tip #1: Set the tone and capture your vision Much like your stationery, welcome bags can be a great way to set the tone for your wedding weekend and capture your wedding vision.
- Incorporate your wedding colors, location, design elements, etc. Giving guests a glimpse of your wedding vision will allow them to see the thread that ties your whole event together.
- If you want your wedding to be a part-ayyyy, think about including a hangover helper. Ours include items to help your guests recover from an incredible night of celebrating with you! :)
- Add fun tags and stickers that can be attached to the different items so that your guests will know why you chose to include it.
Tip #2: Throw in some of your favorite items Make your gift bags unique to you as a couple by throwing in some of your favorite items.
- If you love sweets, but your groom is more of a salty fan, consider getting some fun chocolate bars and a bag of local popcorn.
- Maybe you are huge wine fans (let’s be real- who isn’t?!?), consider including your favorite Cab or Chardonnay.
- If you are super artsy and love photography, include postcards from your favorite places that you have traveled together
- If you want your guests to truly relax, consider including some calming bath salts or organic soaps.
Tip #3: Allow your guests to get a taste of local flavors Especially if you are doing a destination wedding or if a lot of your guests are from out of town, local foods can be a great way for your guests to enjoy more of the unique elements of your wedding location. Check out local shops and boutiques (we love supporting small business shopping!) for unique snacks and delicious treats.
- If you consider coffee to be a food group like we do- check out local coffee shops for bags of freshly grinded beans or flavorful tea bags.
- Local jams, jellies and honey can always be a fun gift that your guests can enjoy for weeks to come.
Tip #4: Think about including your itinerary, map and local things to do Guests come to the wedding looking to explore the location and for more information on the weekend events.
- Include an itinerary that will highlight the main events for the weekend so guests know where to be and when.
- Consider listing favorite restaurants, fun sites to see, delicious coffee shops, local museums, hiking or biking trails, etc.
- Though most people have smart phones these days, a map is a great way to give your guests a bird’s eye view of the city. Here you can mark the locations of the events for the weekend as well as some of your favorite spots.
Tip #5: Consider preparation and delivery When creating the bags or boxes, it is important to consider the preparation and delivery.
- Think about creating a thank you card to top off the bag as a reminder of how grateful you are to be celebrating with those who you both love.
- Compile a list of places of which guests are staying at which hotel. This will allow the front desk to add the bags to each guests’ reservation.
- Every hotel is different, some like to deliver the bags or boxes to the room, while others prefer to hand them out at the front desk upon arrival. Call ahead if you have a preference.
We hope all these tips and ideas got your wheels turning! Wedding preparation can be incredibly stressful with all of the decisions and planning, but allow this part to be a fun way to celebrate your guests and show off your #couplesstyle. We are always here to help with ideas, assembly, and delivery! Happy Wednesday!